SAAZ has starting a quarterly Intraclub Brew Challenge. We would like to encourage more brewing in the club and provide more feedback to our brewers. Each quarter the club will announce the challenge ingredient/style and requirements.
1) Must be a current SAAZ Member with dues paid.
2) Sign-up for the challenge at a meeting – General or Officer. The supplies for each challenge are limited and to keep things fair for all we will not accept sign-ups at any other time.
3) Must pick up special ingredient at a SAAZ Meeting (General or Officer), we will not make special arrangements to deliver items.
4) Bring 6 – 12 oz bottles or a 64 oz growler of your beer to the designated meeting for judging.
5) SAAZ will provide a prize for the winner of the challenge. We also encourage you to enter into upcoming homebrew competitions to win even more!
6) If you fail to participate in a challenge it will affect your ability to partake in future challenges.
2017 Brew Challenges
CHALLENGE #1 – HOP SALAD
Winner: California Common brewed with 2 oz US Brewers Gold and 1 oz Cascade hops by Billy Dawson
CHALLENGE #2 – IRISH you were Beer!
Winner: Irish Extra Stout brewed with Kent Goldings hops by Dan Shirah
CHALLENGE #3 – Fruit Challenge
Winner: Lime Wheat Beer brewed by Eric Essenwein
CHALLENGE #4 – Operation Festbier
Starting at the July meeting interested club members can pick up some noble hops (limited supply) to be used in a German style beer. Entries will be judged at SAAZtoberfest.